You guys, I know probably everyone out there is saying this, but…HOW is it September?!? This summer felt looong at some points – having both boys home all day every day was no joke – but it also seems like Grayson just got out of preschool for the summer! Regardless, I have to be honest and say I’m beyond ready for fall. Our home seems to thrive when we’ve got a sense of routine, so the long, lazy days of summer are a struggle for us. Bring on fall, y’all!
I decided it would be fun to keep track of the goals I’ve got for the month here – then maybe come back and recap next month to see if I actually accomplished any of them. I’ve always got about a zillion things I’m hoping to work in to my schedule somehow, so this might help me be a bit more focused and accountable. That’s the hope!
- Work out 2-3 times per week – I have totally given up on trying to work out the past couple of months, and I’m feeling it. I literally wrote out my daily schedule to see when I could realistically fit workouts in, and most weeks it’s 2-3 times per week. Not my end goal, but for this super busy time of life I’ll be happy if I can make that happen.
- Daily Quiet Time – Gavin ends up in my room at some point every night (Grayson too, probably about half the time) so getting up early for quiet time doesn’t work. If I get up, they do too, and then it’s all over. So finding time to sit and read my bible and spend time with God is a bit of a challenge. If it happens, it has to happen after bedtime, and when I’m tired that’s hard. But I’m determined to make it happen – honestly, I don’t have much of a choice. I’m leading a bible study this fall and the study we’re doing is pretty homework-intensive. If I don’t make it a daily habit I won’t be able to lead well – so it’s kind of a must.
- Two Date Nights – this seems totally reasonable, but anyone with kids knows finding time to get away is never easy. Our anniversary is September 17th and we’ve already got that date planned, but I’d love to fit one more in.
- Focus on Healthy Eating – I think this is the biggest struggle I have. I love food so much. I had an amazing metabolism growing up, so I never had to worry about what I ate. Now that I’m in my 30s and have had a couple babies….let’s just say I can’t be so carefree. I would love to cut out all fast food – I don’t eat much, but we do hit up Chic-fil-a and Taco Bueno a bit more than I would like.
- No Unnecessary Spending – It is so, so easy to swipe my debit card 10 times a day if I’m not careful. Eating out, trips to Target, new toys for the boys (that they definitely DON’T need), books, songs on iTunes, coffee at Starbucks, anything and everything on Amazon Prime. If I sat down and truly calculated what the hubs and I spend on totally unnecessary stuff I’m pretty sure I would cry. My goal is to think about every single purchase I make this month, BEFORE swiping that card.
- Plan Gavin’s Birthday Party – Poor, poor second child. He’ll be two the end of October, and I haven’t even spent a second thinking about it. But I do know that the poor guy doesn’t have any friends, because we never do anything with anyone his age! Grayson’s 2nd birthday party included about 20 little buddies we had met through my mom’s group. Well. I’m no longer in a mom’s group and any play dates we do are with Grayson’s friends. I guess I’ll figure something out? What a bad mama!
- Clean Out All Closets – I need to go through all of our summer stuff and toss anything we didn’t wear this year, or things the boys have grown out of that I don’t want to save (just in case!). Then I also want to go through the fall/winter stuff and toss anything thing I know we won’t wear. Then I want to find someplace to take our donations where I know they will be put to good use! I donate SO MUCH STUFF around here, but I want to find a nonprofit that I can really get behind and support on a regular basis.
- Focus on Growing Followers For Haven Gray Kids – I would love to grow our Instagram following to 1000 by the end of the year, and I would also LOVE to grow our Private Shopping Group members to 1000 as well. This month I want to develop a strategy for making that happen!
I think those are somewhat attainable – I guess we’ll come back here next month and see if I was right 🙂